Is Website Redesign important?
To ascertain whether your website requires a re-design, answer the following questions: –
- Is your website up to date?
- Compared to your competitors’ site does it look old and faded
- Is it still functional?
- Is it still attracting any traffic?
- Does it reflect on your corporate image and professionalism?
If you don’t like the answer you get, then most probably you need to consider website redesign.
As your business grows, your website too needs to continually reflect this growth as a reflection of success. Technology also changes and you need to ensure that your website does not get left out in compatibility.
Website Redesign Tips
The Internet has made obvious that a business’ website is a progressively important asset, and many companies are now getting on website redesign projects to “mend” their websites.
However, in order to really get the most out of a website redesign, businesses need to build their website in the setting of a greater need as Internet marketing tool. Such a move will generate more visits and revenue, below are a few tips on how to go about a website redesign.
- Outline tactical aims: This is specifically aimed on the target market, existing and expected to come aboard. There is need to really study and do research before embarking on a redesign lest you lose your clientele.
- Professional Designer: A website redesign in Kenya is a project and should be managed by a professional web developer with a clear scope and clarity on the intended function of the website.
- Devote quality time to your content: A website redesign is the best time for a content audit. Once you know more about your users’ prospects and wants start to examine and rearrange your website content. After reviewing your web content, you’ll be able to measure the gaps between the present state of your website and the info design that will best serve your users.
What then After A Website Redesign?
This question forms the basis of the next step you will have to take after redesigning your website.
To keep you website fresh and engaging it will be important to invest in creating content on a regular basis. This will ensure that your visitors have something new to read every so often. It also give you an opportunity to become a thought leader by providing relevant solutions so those in your area of specialization.
Social Media engagement will also be important to keep up with. Become more involved in the social sphere, listen to what your customers are saying about your services/products. Engage with them for them to know you are listening and are willing to make them part of your thought process.
As long as you keep interactions through your website alive on your corporate blog then your website redesign will not have been in vain.